The new-gothic style church was built in 1917-1918 and architect Josef Stenbäck designed the church.
One speciality of the church is the direction the altar is facing. Usually the altar is in the east-end of the church but in this case it is in the west. The reason is pure practicality, since now the entrance is not in the high steep that would be the case in the other side of the church.
The glass paintings of the altar are widely known. The three paintings symbolize the birth of the Christ, the crucifixion, and the resurrection. They were made by Erik O. W. Ehrström and his wife Ollie in 1923.
There are three bells in the church tower and they were donated by K. E. Palmen. The biggest one is called De Gloria (Glory for the God), the middle size bell is called Patriae Lux (Light for the home country) and the smallest one is called Labori Pax (Peace for the work). They weigh 3 560 kg altogether.
The organ of the church has been made in Espoo by an organ manufacturing company Veikko Virtanen in 1979.
+358 (0)3 41 451
A guide is available during the opening hours of the church, otherwise by request.